1. There is no mandatory list of items to be included in a first-aid container. The decision on what to provide will be influenced by the findings of the first-aid needs assessment. As a guide, where work activities involve low hazards, a minimum stock of first-aid items might be:
- a leaflet giving general guidance on first aid (for example, HSE’s leaflet Basic advice on first aid at work);
- 20 individually wrapped sterile plasters (assorted sizes), appropriate to the type of work (hypoallergenic plasters can be provided if necessary);
- two sterile eye pads;
- two individually wrapped triangular bandages, preferably sterile;
- six safety pins;
- two large sterile individually wrapped unmedicated wound dressings;
- six medium-sized sterile individually wrapped unmedicated wound dressings;
- at least three pairs of disposable gloves (see HSE’s leaflet Latex and you6).
Attached is a Pdf list for the suggested workplace and travel kits.